When June rolls around on One Happy Island, tourists from the northern hemisphere start pouring in for their early summer vacations. A new tradition started on Aruba two years ago that is quickly becoming a major island event – the Aruba Summer Music Festival. It features both local and international artists to bring music lovers a series of high-energy performances they won’t soon forget. The two-day event takes place at the Harbor Square Arena in Oranjestad and is produced by Loco Lobo Production, SD Concerts with support from the Aruba Tourism Authority. If you’re coming to Aruba for this spectacular event at the end of June, plan on making a signature arrival with VIP Airport Hosting Arrival Services from First Class Experience Aruba.
The Third Annual Aruba Summer Music Festival June 30 and July 1
The line-up of performers at this year’s Aruba Summer Music Festival is sure to keep the crowds moving and grooving for two days. Enjoy the music of the following artists:
- Juan Luis Guerra (performing Saturday June 30). This Dominican singer, songwriter, composer, and producer has not only sold more than 30 million records, but he has also won no fewer than 18 Latin Grammy Awards, two Grammy Awards, and two Latin Billboard Music Awards. When it comes to Latin artists, Guerra is an international superstar with his unique style-blending of merengue, Afro-Latin fusion, bachata, balada, salsa, rock and roll, and even gospel.
- Maluma (performing Sunday July 1). This Colombian singer, songwriter and record producer has risen rapidly into the spotlight since beginning his career in 2010. He calls his style “urban pop” and his music includes ballads, mambo, merengue and reggaeton. In 2017, he was nominated for two categories at the Billboard Music Awards, including Top Latin Artist.
- Gilberto Santa Rosa (performing Saturday June 30). Puerto Rican band leader and singer of salsa and bolero is known around the world as “El Caballero de la Salsa” (The Gentleman of Salsa). He’s known for his signature style of “soneo” (improvisation) in salsa allowing him to find success in both the “tropical” and “romantic” styles. As of 2010, he held the record for most number-one albums on the Billboard Tropical Albums
- Zion & Lennox (performing Sunday July 1). This Puerto Rican reggaeton music duo is made up of Félix Ortiz (Zion) and Gabriel Pizarro (Lennox). In 2005, they won Reggaeton Duet or Group Artist of the Year from the Megaton Awards and in 2016 they won Latin Rhythm Songs Artist of the Year, Duo or Group from the Billboard Latin Music Awards.
- Silvestre Dangond (performing Saturday June 30). This Colombian superstar has been putting out albums of Latin and Vallenato music since 2002.
- Robert Jeandor (performing Saturday June 30). One of Aruba’s most famous and beloved native sons!
- Esha (performing Sunday July 1). Born and raised on Aruba but of Indian descent, Esha is only 14 years but her music is incredible, even as she struggles with the challenge of Tourette syndrome. She is both amazing and inspiring!
- Jeon Arvani (performing Sunday July 1). Born and raised in the tough Santa Cruz area of Aruba, but has become a beloved and successful musician know for his unique combination of Aruban folk music with urban styles like hip hop.
- Buleria (performing Sunday July 1). This Aruban band embodies an explosion of energy, freedom of expression, talent, spontaneity and rhythms that will leave you breathless.
You won’t want to miss this year’s Aruba Summer Music Festival so start planning your quick getaway to One Happy Island now – and make a signature arrival with First Class!
Make a Signature Arrival to the Aruba Summer Music Festival
If you are coming to Aruba for ASMF17, there is only one way to make a VIP signature arrival, which is by booking our VIP Airport Hosting Arrival Services. You’ll feel pampered with the following VIP services:
- Greeted by VIP professional host at the end of the arrival bridge.
- Expedited fast-track procedures through immigration.
- Personalized attention in the airports VIP Club Lounge with complementary snacks and beverages.
- Your baggage is handled with care.
- Streamlined customs processing.
- Your baggage hand-delivered to you.
- Escort from airport to ground transportation.
Parting is such sweet sorrow, but even though it’s time to leave the island, you can make your departure just as lovely as your arrival by booking our VIP Airport Departure Hosing Service to enjoy the following:
- Welcomed by professional VIP host/hostess at airline counter.
- Facilitation of documents and fast-track through immigration.
- Facilitation of fast-track through first Local immigration checkpoint.
- VIP host/hostess walks travelers to the VIP lounge (non-US travelers).
- VIP host/hostess walks travelers to the CBP/First US Checkpoint and afterwards to the VIP lounge.
- Personalized attention in our Airport departure VIP Club Lounge with complimentary snacks and beverages.
The Aruba Summer Music Festival will be making a splash on One Happy Island at the end of June. Make your own splash by booking a signature arrival and departure with our VIP airport hosting services. Visit our website to book now!