If you are a repeat visitor to Aruba, then you already know that any time of year is a great time to make a trip to One Happy Island, but if you are coming during the tenth month of the year, you’ll have the opportunity to attend some great events. And you can always arrive in style for an Aruba October with VIP Airport Hosting Arrival Services from First Class Experience Aruba. Here’s what’s happening this month on the island:
Eat Local Aruba
Aruba is fortunate to have a stunning selection of restaurants to give both residents and visitors plenty of options for any meal of the day. But an Aruba October brings a very special opportunity to enjoy true Aruban cuisine at many of them. Participating restaurants put together fixed-price lunch and dinner menus that are both affordable and focused on authentic Aruban dishes everyone will love. There are more than 65 participating restaurants this year offering a fixed price lunch for just $15. Fixed-price dinner menus are either $30 or $40 at participating restaurants. If you’d like to see the full listing of participating restaurants, just do a web search on “Eat Local Aruba Restaurant Month” and visit the website that is listed first.
Challenge Aruba October
This triathlon event took place for the first time in 2016, but it has already become known as one the island’s premier sporting events, and it makes for an exciting Aruba October. Here are some the events included in this weekend of endurance challenges:
- Half-Triathlon: A 1.9km swim followed by a 90km bicycle circuit followed by a 21km running segment.
- Sprint Triathlon. A 750m swim followed by a 22.5km cycle and then a 7km run. This race can also be entered by both individuals and relay teams.
- Paralympic Run/Walk. Aruba Aloe and COOLFM help organize this race with a 5 km Run/Walk for athletes who face their own physical challenges each and every day. It begins and ends at the Challenge Aruba Sport Expo in the parking lot of the Hyatt Regency on Saturday, October 21 at 6pm.
- Kids Splash n’ Dash. This swim and run combination is for children and youth 7-14 years of age. Ages 7-10 will complete a 100m swim and 1k run while ages 11-14 will complete a 200m swim and 2k run. This race comes together on the beach at the Marriott & Ritz Carlton on Saturday, October 21 at 8am. Afterwards, families can enjoy a free pancake and sausage breakfast. A maximum of 200 participants can participate, and all of them will receive a DryFit T-shirt, a swimming cap and a medal.
These are just the main pieces of this wide-ranging sporting event. Google “Challenge Aruba” to find the event’s website and Facebook page to get all the details.
ATECH – Technology Conference During an Aruba October
Most people don’t realize that the hottest Caribbean tech conference is part of an Aruba October. If you keep tabs on technological developments, this is the conference to attend. Participants will have the opportunity to meet, see, and hear the next generation of tech game-changers and innovators who will gather at the Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort and Casino on October 26-28. More than 1,000 people are expected to attend to interact with more than 50 speakers, 100 startups and 150 other companies from the world of tech. Find out all the details by just doing a Google search on “ATECH Aruba” to find the event’s website and Facebook page.
Halloween on One Happy Island
An Aruba October would be incomplete without celebrating Halloween! Many restaurants, bars, nightclubs and other venues will be marking this fun holiday with costume parties, and if you’re on One Happy Island with children, many of the resorts and hotels will be offering trick-or-treating and Halloween parties that are kid-friendly for families to enjoy.
Arriving in Style for an Aruba October
If you are coming to One Happy Island for an Aruba October to enjoy any of these great events, you can ease the hassles and headaches of international travel by taking advantage of our VIP Airport Hosting Arrival Services. What does this mean? It means, among other things, that you get to skip all the lines throughout the airport! Arrive in style with the following VIP services:
- Greeted by VIP professional host at the end of the arrival bridge.
- Expedited fast-track procedures through immigration.
- Personalized attention in the airports VIP Club Lounge with complementary snacks and beverages.
- Your baggage is handled with care.
- Streamlined customs processing.
- Your baggage hand-delivered to you.
- Escort from airport to ground transportation.
International travel can be both tiring and stressful, but with our VIP airport hosting services, you’ll arrive to Aruba feeling refreshed and excited for what lies ahead. Visit our website to book now!