One Happy Island is a lovely place to visit year-round, and April events Aruba serve to make the island even more attractive! Here’s what you can count on every year during the month of April:
International Day for Monuments and Sites
This special day happens all around the world each year on April 18 to celebrate the fullest diversity of cultural heritage and the efforts of many to protect and preserve these valuable resources. This year’s theme is very appropriate for Aruba: Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism. Monumentsfund Aruba, an organization dedicated to promoting and preserving Aruban cultural heritage, has put together seven important events for this year’s celebration:
- Kwihi Tree Workshop: Artist Denny Emmanuel will teach participants all about our local “Kwihi” tree and help participants make a key holder from a Kwihi branch (USD $20 workshop fee includes refreshments and materials). 10:30-11:30 AM at Cosecha San Nicolas.
- Traditional Aruban Dance Workshop: Alydia Wever will teach participants about the history of folk dances as well as how to dance two traditional favorites – the Aruban Wals and the Tumba (USD $20 workshop fee includes refreshments and materials). 9:30-11:00 AM at Skol di Baile Diana Antonette located behind Aruba’s only Theatre Cas di Cultura situated at Vondellaan #2 next to Talk of the Town Hotel.
- California Lighthouse Tour: This iconic landmark of One Happy Island has recently been renovated and is finally open to the public for the first time in decades! Tours will be running all day from 8:30-4:30 for a fee of USD $8 per person.
- Aruba Downtown Walking Tours: Local experts will lead people on walking tours of the island’s capital city, Oranjestad, to learn about its history, culture, monuments, traditions and more! Tour fee of USD $39 includes refreshments. Multiple tours step off at 9:00 AM for this 2.5-hour excursion by foot from Zoutmanstraat 1 (Cosecha building).
- Walking Tour of Historical Rancho: This is one of the oldest neighborhoods of Oranjestad and features lots of history about salt mining, fishing, and production of lime on the island. The tour steps off at 9:00 AM from the Archaeological Museum (Schelpstraat) for a fee of USD $30.
- VIP Tour at the Museum of Industry: Located in the iconic monumental “Water Tower” in San Nicolas (Bernhardstraat 164), Curator Renwick Heronimo will give you the inside scoop on the industrial development of Aruba during the last two centuries. Tour is from 10:00-11:00 AM and costs USD $6.
- Historical Museum VIP Tour: A personal tour given by the Manager of the Museum, Joase-Ann van der Biest and Valerie Willer from the Educations department. They know all the best stories that live within the walls of Fort Zoutman, Aruba’s oldest building. Tour begins at 1:00 PM and costs USD $6.
To find out more about these exciting events and download a flyer with the full schedule, follow this link to the Monumentsfund Aruba website.
The first Earth Day happened back on April 22, 1970 and has since grown into a huge international day of celebrating and protecting Planet Earth in 192 countries. On One Happy Island, many resorts and businesses celebrate Earth Day with interactive events and activities to promote ecological literacy and environmental awareness.
King’s Day Celebration
April 27 is an official holiday on Aruba and includes a government-sponsored ceremony to honor His Majesty King Willem-Alexander on his birthday. After the ceremony, there are lots of sporting events and family-friendly celebrations ranging from road races to kite flying contests and other fun-filled activities.
International Boulevard Race (10k)
This is One Happy Island’s most popular foot race with well over 200 competitors from Aruba and other countries including Venezuela, Colombia, Netherlands Antilles, the United States and Holland. The race begins at 5:30 PM on L.G. Smith Boulevard (Malmok Area) and ends at the Aruba Port Authority, passing by the Marriott, Palm Beach Plaza, and Eagle Beach.
Arrive in Style for April Events Aruba
If you’re going to be enjoying any of these great April events Aruba, your trip here won’t be complete without VIP Airport Hosting Arrival Services that feature the following:
- Greeted by VIP professional host at the end of the arrival bridge.
- Expedited procedures through immigration.
- Personalized attention in the airports VIP Club Lounge with complementary snacks and beverages.
- Your baggage is handled with care.
- Streamlined customs processing.
- Your baggage hand-delivered to you.
- Escort from airport to ground transportation.
And when it’s time to make your bittersweet departure from One Happy Island after April events Aruba, you can ease the pain by booking our VIP Airport Departure Hosing Service, which includes the following:
- Welcomed by professional VIP host/hostess at airline counter.
- Facilitation of documents and fast-track through immigration.
- Facilitation of fast-track through first Local immigration checkpoint.
- VIP host/hostess walks travelers to the VIP lounge (non-US travelers).
- VIP host/hostess walks travelers to the CBP/First US Checkpoint and afterwards to the VIP lounge.
- Personalized attention in our Airport departure VIP Club Lounge with complimentary snacks and beverages.
April events Aruba call for VIP airport hosting services, so visit our website to book now!